Pages

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Wire beads and an upcoming market

OoOoOo!!! Pretty excited about some wire.... that I've made into beads. Gorgeous copper, gold and greens. It's so much fun!
I have a coiling gizmo, that I purchased about 6 years ago, and  I've FINALLY started playing with it.
I know. I know... 6 years! I just kept it in its little box in my drawer, promising myself to do some creating with it as some stage when I have time... and well... just never had the time! Also I have to admit, it sounded complicated to use, and above my skill level.
But I was wrong! Not too difficult (just a little hard on the fingers) and HEAPS of fun! I can see myself go through stacks of wire with this.
Here is some of the beads:





I decided to make a bracelet with them, and I am quite happy with how it turned out:

I also booked a stall for my first market with Once Again. It will be at the Devonport Craft Market on Sunday 3rd April 2011 at the Devonport Community House, 32 Clarence Street, Devonport.10 - 3pm. Now I have to move my butt (when the kids are sleeping) to make enough stock! Eek! Looking forward to showing all my handy work to the public though!
Funky wheel earrings - up-cycled from my boys broken toys!

Here is also a preview of some of the other items I made this week:
Necklace in brass made with hand stamped disc, heart made from a broken up-cycled teacup, and charms.

No comments:

Post a Comment